- The MPOA dredging contractor has indicated that they plan to start moving equipment and pipe into place over the next few weeks, with dredging starting in early-to-mid June, 2014.
- The contractor has indicated that they plan to start dredging first along the south side of West Bay and the Nippersink Creek inlet, and spend most of the summer of 2014 finishing up West Bay.
- In late summer / fall of 2014, they then plan to work on Wickline Island / O’Brien Shoals, before moving north to dredge the Lookout Point / White Oaks Bay coves.
- They will then move down to the South Bay and get as far as they can this fall before the onset of winter. Any remaining dredging work in the South Bay would be carried over, if necessary, to the spring of 2015 after ice-out.
- This schedule means that the only lakefront landowners who may need to temporarily relocate their piers during the 2014 boating season will be the those folks on south side of West Bay and the Nippersink Creek inlet. All other lakefront areas proposed for dredging will likely have already removed their piers for the year by the time the dredge reaches their area.
Check back regularly for additional updates.