Lake Manager's Report — February 12, 2014
Randy Stowe, firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The SDF contractor is still estimating final project completion by April 1st, 2014 (weather permitting), which will allow a 2014 dredging start.
2. Requests for dredging bids were sent to eight (8) firms known to have worked on similar sized projects. One of these firms, based on the East Coast, and who had previously expressed interest in our project, has indicated they will not be bidding. Other prospective bidders have submitted a number of questions regarding the project / bids, and two firms have conducted site visits to date.
3. I continue to receive inquiries from lakefront landowners about potentially applying for the next round of IEPA – Section 319 grants to install “lake-friendly” shoreline stabilization practices on their property. The chances for receiving a grant are greatly increased if there are multiple Wonder Lake applicants, so MPOA Director’s are encouraged to spread the word. Have interested parties contact the MPOA office.
4. All winter lake users are again reminded of the presence of the rip-rap island protection around O’Brien Shoals and Wickline Island, and as always, are urged to use caution in these areas of the lake. Snowmobiler’s are also reminded that the Wonder Lake Dam is strictly off-limits.
5. The next Illinois Lake Management Association conference will be held is April 10-12, 2014, at the Timber Creek Inn and Suites, in Sandwich, Illinois.