SSA #9 Rebate Program
McHenry Township is once again administering the MPOA 8th Annual SSA #9 Rebate Program for the residents of both McHenry and Greenwood Townships.
The Process: Based on your average income for the past 6 months, it will be determined if you qualify for the rebate program. Those who are at 100% of the Federal Poverty Level will qualify for a rebate of 60% of the SSA #9 fee; those who are at 200% of the Federal Poverty Level will qualify for a rebate of 40% of the SSA #9 fee. Please note that to be eligible, all your current property taxes due in 2018 must have been paid IN FULL by September 4th, 2018.
- Photo ID of taxpayer(s) – driver’s license, state ID, passport, resident alien card
- Proof of income for 60 days – pay stubs, documentation from Social Security, unemployment etc.
- Proof of Household size – children’s birth certificates, school IDs, driver’s licenses, state ID with address
Please Note: All information is confidential and will only be used for audit purposes of the MPOA.
Rebates will only be given to the person(s) named on the tax bill. If your property is in a land trust, you must also submit a copy of your Assignment of Beneficial Interest for the trust.
Completed applications for the 8th Annual SSA #9 Rebate program are accepted BY APPOINTMENT ONLY at McHenry Township from November 5th through November 9th, 2018. McHenry Township appointment times are available between 8:30 AM & 4:00PM. Call (815) 385-5605 to schedule your appointment. There will be no extension beyond 11/9/2018.
When the completed application and all required documentation is presented, the Township Supervisor and/or caseworker will review all the submitted information, and determine if the applicant is eligible for a rebate. If approved, the Township will be releasing the rebate check to those who are qualified.
The rebate check may be cashed at your own bank or at the MPOA bank, Fifth 3rd Bank on N. Richmond Road, McHenry. Please note that Fifth 3rd Bank requires the following Proof of ID:
- Active account holder = very simple provide valid identification to cash the check.
- Non-account holder is still simple, but requires extra verification. The non-account holder must present a primary and secondary form of identification*, the non-customer must endorse the back of the check**,
- *Common primary identification includes a driver’s license, state identification card, passport, Mexican consulate card, or Mexican voter’s registration card. Common secondary identification includes a major credit card, a debit card bearing the MasterCard or VISA logo, a nationally recognized store credit card, student identification card, voter’s registration card, firearm owner’s registration card, military identification card, or current utility bill with an address that matches the primary identification’s address. A Drivers license and State Identification card can not be combined for check cashing purposes.
- **Fifth 3rd Bank does not accept third party endorsements for non-customers, or conditional/qualified endorsements
The MPOA sets aside funds in a special account at Fifth 3rd Bank to cover the SSA #9 Rebate Program and will be responsible for maintaining and funding the program through the life of SSA #9. However, the MPOA reserves the right to change or drop the plan at any time.
McHenry Township is participating in this program to assist low income families in our community. McHenry Township is not responsible for the funding of the program or the parameters set for receiving the rebate.