MASTER PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, (M.P.O.A.)
WELCOME to the Master Property Owners Association (MPOA) in Wonder Lake, Illinois 60097. The MPOA owns and manages Wonder Lake, a private 830 acre recreational lake located northwest of Chicago. The MPOA office is located at 7602 Hancock Drive, at the northwest corner of Hancock Drive and E. Wonder Lake Road, roughly two miles north of IL Route 120. Do you have a question about the Lake, or need information about the Wonder Lake area? E-mail: email@example.com, Phone: (815) 653-1000
LAKE RESTORATION UPDATE
• NEW LATEST UPDATE → Lake Managers Report
• NEW SEE WONDER LAKE'S DESIGNATED DREDGING AREA
• Read about the History of Wonder Lake's Restoration
• EROSION CONTROL BARRIERS: Read 2012 Notice to Lake Users
• THE FIGHT AGAINST INVASIVE SPECIES: Learn More
SSA#9 REBATE PROGRAM
The SSA Rebate Program for 2017. Residents must apply between October 16th -23rd. Based on your average income for the past 6 months we will determine if you qualify for the rebate program. READ MORE
BOAT SAFETY CLASS
You can take boat safety classes online, at anytime: Boater Exam.com, and Boat-Ed.com are fast and easy and certification cost is $29.95. Persons at least 12 years of age and less than 18 years, without an Adult are required to have a certificate.
MPOA WATERCRAFT DECAL REMINDER
Lake users are reminded that MPOA Lake Use Decals MUST be permanently affixed to the watercraft / snowmobile / ATV to which they are registered, and that they are NOT transferable. The Wonder Lake Police Department Marine Patrol is provided with a list of all MPOA Decal registrants, and the specific type and description of the unit each decal number was issued to. Failure to have your MPOA decal permanently affixed is a ticketable offense.
- Zero Horsepower (canoe,kayak,rowboat,pedal boat) $10.00
- 1-39 Horsepower $20.00
- Over 40 Horsepower and ALL PWC $40.00
- Winter- $5.00
NEW BOATING REGULATIONS EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1st 2015
• Senate Bill 3434 allows for the seizure of a watercraft used in the commission of certain offenses related to operating under the influence. The new rules bring penalties for boating under the influence more in line with those for operating a motor vehicle while impaired by drugs or alcohol.
• Senate Bill 3433 requires all persons born after Jan. 1, 1998 to take and pass a boating safety course validated by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources and hold a valid boating safety certificate before they can operate a motorboat with an engine over 10 horsepower.
• Senate Bill 2731, mandates that the operator of any watercraft that is towing a person, such as a water skier or tuber, must display a bright orange flag measuring not less than 12 inches per side. The flag must be displayed from the time the person to be towed leaves the boat until that person returns to the boat at the conclusion of the activity. Under the law, flying the flag for purposes other than towing is prohibited, so be sure to only display the flag when towing.